Earth and Life Science - LAS 4 (Second Quarter)

 The first semester of Senior High School students is coming to an end. In this blog, I will recall everything that I have done in the subject Earth and Life Science. I will be discussing what I have learned, How I felt in this class, and what I did. 


LAS 4 - Water Resources 

For the start of the second quarter, my classmates and I were tasked to conduct a modified experiment on water filtration. 

- What Did I Do? 

To start off the experiment, I prepared all the materials that were required for the experiment. I prepared 4 cups of dirt, also got a small glass, gathered 12 stones, and collected 2 liters of water. Also, I set aside my container and plastic wrap. Next step, I mixed the dirt and water, I placed the glass in the middle of the container, and I put plastic wrap to cover it along with the stones so that the wrap doesn't get blown away by the wind. After that, I placed it on direct sunlight for 5 hours. This is the result.


- What Did I Learn? 

I learned that water can be collected in many ways. Through this experiment, I also foreshadowed the process of a hydrologic cycle. 

- How Did I Feel?

I felt enlightened. As my knowledge is added, my critical thinking and observation skill has also increased. It was an interesting activity considering that my favorite subject is Science.

Comments

Popular Posts